Commercial - Industrial - Residential Applications
Providing Quality Polished Concrete Products
Jacksonville, St Augustine, Palm Coast, Nocatee , Ponte Vedra, Ponte Vedra Beach
We Offer Beautiful Polished Concrete Solutions
While concrete has become a natural choice for offices, retail stores, warehouses, and other commercial properties. Due to its durability and affordability – more and better polished concrete contractors discover that polished floors can easily hold their own against trendy, designer alternatives. Suppose appropriately done by a trained professional. Not only do polished or honed concrete floors resist scuff marks better than any other material. Not even marble will come close on stain resistance tests – they also look fantastic. So, it’s no wonder why these formerly understated floors are becoming significantly more popular as of late!
What Is Polished Concrete?
A luxurious upgradation at home. It can be used as a standalone design feature or an accent in multi-level spaces. No matter what type of mood you’re going for, this versatile material will fit the bill! Concrete floors are beautiful no matter what flooring style it may complement. The more polished your concrete surfaces become, the better they look, much like an art piece on your flooring.
Polished concrete is a structured surface made by mixing and laying cement or mortar, fine or coarse aggregates. Such as sandstone chips or quartzite, polymer resin, and wood fibers. It involves putting the above things over a sturdy cement, concrete, or asphalt foundation. Next, it involves thorough polishing with varying gloss to produce an aesthetic appeal. Experiment with color, patterns, and aggregate sizes and styles until you achieve that understated flooring.
What’s the process of polishing concrete?
- Now that the old floor coatings have been removed, we can begin repairing any damage done to your existing concrete floor.
- We’ll first seal off cracks and joints before moving on to patching any other holes so your new concrete floor will be as solid as possible.
- Since you specifically requested a diamond grinding process.
- We can start by exfoliating your concrete surface up to 800 grit and reinforcing it with hardener and densifier to create a smooth polished finish.
- Before moving on to polishing, however, we’ll first need to apply a mixture of oil and water repellent, which ensures maximum durability for your new acrylic-sealed floor!
Here are some of the qualities of Polished Concrete
Concrete floors are durable and long-lasting because of their hardness yet cleanability. The hardened, polished surface also means that it outlasts other types of flooring. And it will remain as good-looking as the day it was laid down. Concrete is even more tolerant to abrasion than hardwood, which is prone to chips, mainly when it’s used near areas like doorways or high-traffic places. Like any form of flooring, concrete needs proper maintenance. Still, it can stand up against heavy commercial use in restaurants and factories without needing a replacement for over a century if cared for properly.
If polished concrete isn’t taken care of, it will lose its luster over time. Specifically, if it’s located in an area that doesn’t have much traffic or has some protection to preserve the flooring. The maintenance regimen for this type of flooring involves simply washing it daily, not just because dirt that isn’t usually visible to the naked eye starts making its way onto the surface. But also, because this ensures that even with light traffic, there won’t be any buildup underneath.
In addition to sweeping and mopping daily, the only other thing you need to do to keep your polished floors spotless is wipe up spills as they happen. Occasionally may require water if something particularly sticky gets on the floor, but it’s something you should be able to deal with once a week or less. To keep maintain your polishing shine of concrete floor, never wax it!
Millions of people facing allergies. This is why businesses and homeowners are taking steps in their respective buildings to combat allergy symptoms by installing concrete flooring. This material’s color, texture, and cleanliness work to protect against allergens. Installing a smooth, seamless surface like polished concrete will help to keep these triggers at bay.
As a concrete flooring firm based in NYC, After the End understands which floors are suitable for your home. As mentioned previously that concrete flooring is nonporous and thus impervious to wear and tear. But more than that – they’re hypoallergenic! In addition to being safe around pets and children, as these floors contain no mold or dust particles capable of causing allergies. It’s equally imperative to consider how this particular material looks over time. Concrete floor restoration tends not to fade with frequent exposure to sunlight or stains from liquids. You can expect outdoor-quality longevity with this surface. As an alternative flooring solution for basements or the garage, you’ll be able to work out there in comfort without worrying about ruining your floors!
Concrete floor restoration
Some steps we follow in our Concrete floor restoration process:
- This process takes place on the ground. After a thorough examination and weather analysis, you decide there must be change.
- So first, use an Etch Shot Blast Grinder (or another method) if you want to make it easier. Regardless, referring to cracked or damaged areas before beginning this stage of renovation so as not to miss anything.
- First, prepare the soil properly with good cleaning on all dirt, dust, and grime surfaces. Be sure to clean out any deep cracks that have formed over time due to poor stability.
- Finally, let your ground lay bare a few days until it dries out sufficiently – or leave overnight if needed.
- During this time, we try to schedule your installation during a time when we can ensure that no further rainfall will occur. As water will compromise your ground’s final effects (you can also use fans).
Polished concrete is concrete that has been processed through a series of mechanically ground “polishing/grinding” steps utilizing professional equipment designed for concrete polishing. This process also includes the use of concrete densifier/hardener which penetrates into the concrete and creates a chemical reaction to help harden and dust proof the surface. During our Concrete Polishing Services, the concrete substrate surface is processed through a series of steps (in general a minimum of 6-8 grinding steps of processing is considered polished concrete) utilizing progressively finer grinding tools. The grinding tools are progressive grits of industrial diamonds in a bonded material such as metal/hybrid/resin often referred to as diamond polishing pads. Concrete is not considered polished before 800 grit, and it is normally finished to either the 800, 1500, or 3000 grit level. Dyes designed for concrete polishing are often applied to add color to polished concrete as well as other options such as scoring, creating radial lines, grids, bands, borders, and other designs.
Why Choose Polished Concrete Flooring?
Simply put, our concrete polishing services transforms a porous concrete floor into a tightened surface, dense enough to keep water, oil, and other contaminants from penetrating the surface.